PENG Capital is a well-known technology investment institution in China. Right after its inception in 2014, PENG Capital established a joint venture with Huatai Securities and launched the Huatai Securities TMT Fund. Since, PENG Capital has successful managed the BON BigData Fund I, the GPJ IoT M&A Fund, and the BON IDC M&A Fund. PENG Capital currently manages nearly RMB 12 billion.
PENG Capital now is launching a Chinese Semiconductor Focused fund together with SAIF Partners: The SAIF Eagle Fund (for more information, please visit www.saif-eagle.com )
PENG Capital led the US$300M buyout of Telink, a world-leading fabless chip maker in the IoT industry. PENG Capital also advised PingAn Group’s US$1.6B buyout of Autohome (NYSE:ATHM).
On average, team members of PENG Capital have more than 10 years of investment experience. They have made major contributions in notable transactions, such as the privatization of Qihoo 360 and mega investments in Itochu and CITIC.
PENG Capital’s team members also have many years of experience within the semiconductor industry, with rich resources and expanded networks.
Founding Managing Partner：Andrew Tang
Mr. Tang is the Founding Managing Partner of PENG Capital, and the co-sponsor and managing Partner of SAIF Eagle Fund.
Mr. Tang started his investment career at SAIF in 2007, and then served as the investment president of Chia Tai Bright Investment, Charoen Pokphand Group’s Financial Holding Co, the managing director of Hambrecht & Quist (H&Q) Asia Pacific.
Mr. Tang engineered or played key roles in many mega transactions, such as: Privatization of Qihoo360 for US$11B, PingAn Group’s acquisition of Autohome for US$1.6B, CP Group’s US$10B investment in CITIC Group, CP Group’s US$1B investment in Itochu.
Mr. Tang is a renowned technologist and serial entrepreneur in semiconductor/5G/IP technologies：Co-founder and CTO of Harbour Networks, acquired by Huawei for US$170M in 2006, IC engineering/management roles at leading tech companies in the US: Siara Networks, Redback, 8x8 Systems, Acuson, etc.
Mr. Tang received a BS in Physics from Peking University and a MS in EECS (Ph.D. candidate) from UC Berkeley.
Mr. Tang was a bronze medalist of Team China at the 18th International Physics Olympiad.
Founding Managing Partner
● Founding Managing Partner of PENG Capital and the TMT Fund of Huatai Securities (China's top 3 investment bank)
● Investment President of Chia Tai Bright Investment, Charoen Pokphand Group's Financial Holding Co.
● Managing Director of Hambrecht & Quist (H&Q) Asia Pacific
Mr. Tang engineered or played key roles in many mega transactions, such as:
● PingAn Group's acquisition of Autohome for US$1.6B
● Taking Qihoo360 private for US$11B
● CP Group's US$1B investment in Itochu
● CP Group's HK$80B investment in CITIC Group
Mr. Tang is a renowned technologist and serial entrepreneur in IC/5G/IP technologies：
● Co-founder and CTO of Harbour Networks, acquired by Huawei for US$170M in 2006
● Co-founder of 3Intron Semiconductor and Aubade Networks
● Various senior IC engineering/management roles at leading tech companies in the Silicon Valley: Siara Networks, Redback Networks, 8x8 Systems, Acuson, etc.
● Mr. Tang received a BS in Physics from Beijing University and a MS EECS from UC Berkeley.
● Mr. Tang was a bronze medalist of Team China at the 18th International Physics Olympiad.
Tel Aviv - Israel
l Over 30 years of business experience in the Hi-Tech.
l Former founder and CEO for successful startups and held Executive positions in Business Development, Marketing and Sales at large Nasdaq corporations such as ECI Telecom and Gilat Satcom.
l Previously founder of Portalium Ventures a leading firm specializing in Israeli comoanies, working with a large number of European VC and Private Equity firms in screening for and evaluating expansion phase investment opportunities.
l He holds B.Sc.EE and MBA degrees.
l Finance manager of GP Capital, joined in GP Capital In May 2016, had served as a finance manager in Xing Hui Investment
l With rich experience in corporate financial management and post-investment management of private equity funds, post-investment management of multiple private equity funds has been well done.
l Over 15 years of experience in financial work and 12 years of experience in post-investment management
l Ren min University of China（international economics and trade）